Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Shenanigans in Hargeon (social)

Chesha
    Chesha

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Lucifer's Descendant
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 10762.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Spatial Devourer
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Shenanigans in Hargeon (social) - Page 2 Empty Re: Shenanigans in Hargeon (social)

Post by Chesha 17th June 2015, 9:04 pm

The suddenness of his exit left Mao in an unsure conundrum.

Something struck the man so suddenly and without warning he left her alone in the same library he’d just said she required company to enter, meaning whatever just occurred was serious enough for him to forget a “rule” – though how much of a stickler for it they were remained to be seen. The way he acted also struck her as uncharacteristic, like something completely stole his focus and set him on edge. Should she follow, or wait for him here? Whatever it was might be guild business; and thus something she held no right to stick her nose into, though he wouldn’t mentioned that wouldn’t he? Did it have to do with the dream?

Instinct kicked in as Mao began trailing him, already behind by a fair few paces and thus struggled to keep up without making too much noise. Not that it would’ve mattered given how driven Dmitry’s attention appeared to be on whatever summoned him. That innate, built in curiosity drove the woman to follow this man, hiding behind a corner as he stood before a partially destroyed maze. ’What is this place even for?’ she pondered, though dared not speak aloud. Slinking towards the floor, Mao’s oversized tail curled around her feet a little in an absent-minded gesture to protect herself, ’And what happened here?’

The very building began to shudder and shake with the fury of the earth, Mao’s body curling up further as both hands moved to shield both head and ears. Dust shook free from cracks in the wall, coating the floor and small mage in spots. No matter how short an earthquake lasted however, it would stretch to eons in many people’s perception, Mao no exception to the rule as teeth grit and a small whimper escaped. The noise was lost beneath the stronger sounds of the guild hall’s groans at the sudden magical surge. An unknown, uncommon emotion seeped into her body to her bones until it finally all stopped, the girl wanting nothing more than to return to the safety of her bed, and plethora of blankets and pillows back in that skyward home of Sabertooth where the anger of the earth couldn’t be felt.

Finally, after things settled she dared to peak around the corner and witnessed something that only furthered her panic, disappearing back into her seated position around the corner. ’Tears?’ The spiritual mage’s attention continued to focus elsewhere, a plethora of emotions residing inside that leaked strong enough for Mao to get a taste. Biting her lip, she gave off the tiniest of glows as if to shield herself from whatever he was experiencing, breaking off that small emotional connection in a moment of self-preservation.

When it no longer tapped at her skin the glow disappeared and muscles began to loosen until the tips of her tail could be seen from around the corner. ”I’m sorry,” she croaked from the safety of the doorway, remaining seated, ”I’m…I’m not very good at…comforting people.” Tears usually meant someone was sad, right? She’d witnessed many upset people crying before after a troubling or harsh event. The notion that something troubling or bad happened to him set her on edge a little, a feeling of powerlessness engulfing her and preventing the girl from moving an inch from her position. Hands still holding her ears down slightly, in case another round of earth rattling began, she continued to apologize in that small, yet audible voice, ”I’m sorry for following…I didn’t want to…get you in trouble though. You said I had to be accompanied, so I figured, if you left me there, they…might get mad.” Should she leave? It would be a more viable option if she could recall which way was out, but right now she couldn’t bring forth the memory of their earlier traipsing through the guild hall.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Benjamin
    Benjamin

Silver Glare

Silver Glare

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Player 
    Lineage : Glory of the Slayer
    Position : None
    Guild : Lamia Scale
    Mentor : Hati
    Experience : 8952

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Nature spirit Invocation
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Shenanigans in Hargeon (social) - Page 2 Empty Re: Shenanigans in Hargeon (social)

Post by Benjamin 18th June 2015, 12:22 am

Dmitry stood up, his eyes back to normal, and sighed. He hadn't considered being followed, though he hadn't considered anything at the time. When she mentioned comforting people, Dmitry chuckled, remembering a moment when he thought the same thing. 

"You don't have to worry about the shaking," he said as he approached Mao, having noticed her position. "That won't be happening again. What you just witnessed was the forming of a psychic bond between me and a nature spirit. The reason for all the commotion was the fact that this spirit happened to be one of the four elementals, the spirit of earth." When he got to her, he held out his hand once again in order to help her up. "As for comforting, that's not necessary." Dmitry would say after lifting her up, eyes full of the willpower that had helped him contract the elemental. "The spirit simply left me with something I wasn't expecting. It's a good thing we came to the library, otherwise I would have never noticed the spirit. I may not be able to invoke it for a while, but finding it is still something I'm thankful for." He'd put a hand on her head to comfort her. "And don't worry about following me; I shouldn't have left you there to begin with." 

Suddenly, a familiar yet slightly embarrassing sound would return, causing Dmitry's face to freeze and turn just the slightest bit red.

Chesha
    Chesha

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Lucifer's Descendant
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 10762.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Spatial Devourer
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Chesha 18th June 2015, 1:28 am

Well, she wouldn’t about it too much, but Mao doubted a person alive liked the idea of being buried alive or crushed to death by rocks. It stopped all the same, but if that’s what bonding with an elemental was like she’d hate to see what went on with water or fire, wind likely involving quite the tornado. ’So destructive. What was it even doing here?’ The event also made her thankful that utilizing gemstones and their pure, crystalline forms wasn’t anything near that dramatic. Taking the proffered hand, Mao shook her head as well as her tail, trying to remove some of the dust that fell earlier. ’Guess I’ll have to wash up in the near future,’ she thought with a spot of disappointment as drying the large thing could be troublesome, as much as she adored grooming her tail getting it sopping wet was…annoying to say the least.

’Well, so long as it proved to be something positive,’ though Mao bit her lip for a moment, a little surprised that others hadn’t showed up to the epicenter. Were they used to this sort of thing? Should she brace for similar events back at her guild hall? Truthfully the girl hardly knew the other members of Sabertooth, amusingly meeting and speaking with almost a handful of Lamia Scale over the one or two brief meetings. The strangest sensation then hit, Mao’s attention returning to the moment at hand and realizing he’d placed his hand on her head.

Cheeks reddening slightly she wasn’t sure what to do. Initial instincts and usual reactions demand she jump away or avoid it, but on the other hand he wasn’t treating her like an animal to be petted – as had been the case a few times. Even stranger: it wasn’t bad so she refrained from moving. However…

Mao’s eyes widened as the pair were visited yet again by a ferocious grizzly. Mouth opening slightly in her shock, it wasn’t long before the bunny-esque girl dissolved into a fit of giggles and outright laughter to the point her arms braced against knees in order to stay standing. Of all the things to happen after such an intense moment…well, it had been a decent while since lunch and bonding with a spirit could probably be draining in its own right. ”I suppose,” she got out between giggle fits, trying to calm down even as tears pricked at the corner of those green eyes, ”we should…see who’s open at this time? It might be a bit late…but I believe…bars usually serve some food?”

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Benjamin
    Benjamin

Silver Glare

Silver Glare

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Player 
    Lineage : Glory of the Slayer
    Position : None
    Guild : Lamia Scale
    Mentor : Hati
    Experience : 8952

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Nature spirit Invocation
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Benjamin 18th June 2015, 2:29 am

The dust covered girl began laughing hysterically at the sound that graced them and before long Dmitry couldn't help but join her. It wasn't just her stomach that made him laugh. This entire day was probably the strangest experience he had gone through since he joined Lamia Scale. Even stranger was the fact that the person he spent such an odd day with wasn't even a member of said guild. Not that it really mattered. He'd found a friend in this erratic day, something Dmitry appreciated. The tribal turned guild mage never thought it would be possible for him to make a friend like this so easily. Even Seikatsu wasn't really his friend until after they had been through a battle together. So what was it about this girl that he seemed to like so much? Dmitry decided not to dwell too much on it.

"Yeah...your probably right..." He said while gasping for air from all that laughing. The two would then exit the guildhall and go out on the town to eat, talk, and laugh some more...just as soon as they got past the dilemma that stood before the two mages.

"I...don't remember how I got here..." 

Current date/time is 7th September 2024, 6:38 pm